CareersAlien – RFID Innovator
Come and work for one of the industry’s most innovative companiesAn equal opportunity employer, Alien is seeking talented and energetic individuals who excel in their areas of expertise and who wish to contribute to the worldwide uptake of RFID technology.
Current PositionsChannel Sales Manager for Inlays and IC Sales Support Manager
Title: Channel Sales Manager for Inlays and IC
The Alien Sales Organization is a dynamic entity, and members of this team are required to perform a range of activities to support the success of the business. As a small team, the pace of activity is exciting and demanding. Timelines are tight and a strong commitment to the vision and a determination to overcome obstacles is critically important.
The Channel Sales Manager for Inlays and IC’s will be an integral part of Alien’s organization. He/she will manage many of the key activities that will enhance Alien’s already-strong presence in this the RFID industry and will own business relationships with key customers who will be instrumental in making Alien successful. This position will report to the Vice President of Global Sales.
The Channel Sales Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned channel partners. Assigned to channel partners based on geography, channel, or market, the Channel Sales Manager is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. The Channel Sales Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners with focus on Inlays and IC’s.
Responsibilities – Regional focus is the United States and Canada:
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts for Alien Inlays and IC within the US and Canadian markets.
- Assist in Reader hardware channel responsibilities where required/requested.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners.
- Provide monthly product and revenue forecast for your region.
- Develop, sales presentations, RFI and RFP responses, client strategies, and work with Alien Marketing to support the development of business cases and use cases.
- Support product management with input on product strategy, positioning, and customer needs with voice of customer requirements.
- Attend and provide logistical support for tradeshows and industry meetings.
- Manage large scale projects that will encompass technical issues, marketing, sales, finance, legal, intellectual property, and program and business planning and budgeting.
- Proactively recruit new qualifying partners.
- Minimum three years’ experience selling UHF RFID products.
- Strong knowledge of UHF IC and Inlays along with Label Auto ID industry products and programs.
- Retail, Supply Chain, Transportation and Logistics, and/or Manufacturing industries and processes desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to create successful sales and business development programs and messages for technology products.
- Capability to analyze emerging markets drawing on a broad set of sources and to develop conclusions and recommendations for strategy and tactics is desirable.
- Knowledge and skills to develop and evaluate business cases around RFID product offerings is desirable.
- Experience with and knowledge of RF engineering and applications is desirable.
- Very strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work full time at Alien Solution Center in Dayton, OH or at Alien HQ in San Jose, CA and travel up to 50% of your time.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business-related field. Master’s in Engineering or Business a strong plus.
Title: Sales Support Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for the order management and sales support activities for both domestic and international customers for a fabless semiconductor company. This position reports to the VP of Operations.
- Manage and supervise a global team of order managementrepresentatives
- Manage key customer accounts
- Interact with both domestic and international customers to answer inquiries, confirm sales order details, provide order acknowledgments, update order status, and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with Sales, Finance, and Operations to ensure pre-sales requirements such as customer credit, product availability, lead times, pricing, and legal terms are in order.
- Ensure customer order information including products, pricing, payment terms, and ship dates are accurate.
- Schedule new orders, input data into the ERP software, and manage accuracy of said data.
- Work with Planning and Materials Handling groups to coordinate and prioritize customer shipments and ensure shipments are delivered on time and correctly.
- Resolve post-sales order issues such as mis-shipments, billing errors, and duplicate shipments.
- Develop and execute contingency plans to maintain shipment schedules in the event of schedule interruptions such as material shortages and production delays.
- Schedule and process customer RMA’s
- Establish, measure and maintain departmental KPIs including on-time shipment performance
Candidate must be detail-oriented and have good work organization and planning skills. Candidate must be customer-oriented and maintain proper legal and accounting controls. Good written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Excel, and Word. Must have knowledge of ERP/MRP and CRM software systems. Experience working with RFID, semiconductor, or high-volume roll-to-roll manufacturing industries is highly desirable. Chinese language skills are highly desirable. Knowledge of international import / export regulations would be beneficial.
Education & Experience:
Candidate should have 5 or more years of experience in order management for a semiconductor or related company.
Familiarity with ISO 9001, RoHS, and REACH regulations is required.
Send your resume to:Alien Technology
Attention Human Resources
845 Embedded Way
San José CA 95138-1030
Fax: (408) 782-3908
(Please include job title and a cover letter with your submission)
BenefitsAlien Technology Corporation provides quality, attractive health care options to meet the unique needs of each employee and their family. Alien offers a customized employee benefits package that enables employees to design their own plan and choose benefits that best fit their needs and budget.
Alien pays the full premium for the following coverage: Basic Life, Basic AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Vision and Business Travel Insurance.
In addition to Dental and Vision coverage, Alien offers three medical plans, Blue Shield HMO and PPO and Kaiser. Alien and employees share the cost of employee and dependent coverage, including domestic partner coverage.
The following are paid fully by employees and enrollment is voluntary: 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts and Voluntary Life/AD&D, Cancer, Accident and Disability insurance.
Alien Technology assures equal treatment in the administration of all personnel matters including recruitment, selection, hiring, advancement, training and transfers, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans or any other protected class. Alien Technology also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees where appropriate and/or as required by law.