CareersAlien – RFID Innovator
Come and work for one of the industry’s most innovative companiesAn equal opportunity employer, Alien is seeking talented and energetic individuals who excel in their areas of expertise and who wish to contribute to the worldwide uptake of RFID technology.
Current PositionsMarketing Manager Product Engineering Operations Manager
Title: Marketing Manager
Alien is one of the industry’s leading providers of UHF Passive RFID technologies, products and innovations. It is an exciting time at Alien and as a result, we are now seeking an outbound marketing person who can also take on some inbound and product marketing responsibilities. We need someone who can understand technologies and relay them to different audiences in both written and verbal forms. This person should also live and breathe product marketing fundamentals. Someone with technical understanding and an IC focus is preferred. While this is a general purpose marketing role, there will be some focus on converting the key messaging for use in both internal and external facing communications. They will work with other hands-on marketing resources to create these documents and materials. Examples include general marketing materials, training and education materials, product briefs, product datasheets, presentations, white papers, and other externally facing communications including assisting the social media teams with source material. They will also work with the senior marketing team in the creation of marcom materials. This person will also be a key team member in developing the requirements for new Alien products.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants a wide-berth of responsibilities and a chance to touch a lot of aspects of marketing and product marketing. While RFID knowledge is a plus this may be gained hands-on. However, the successful candidate will have some technical background enough to learn the technology. An ideal candidate would be someone with Marcom and tech writing exposure.
- Be the front line in creating customer facing marketing materials with little guidance from others.
- Develop white papers, presentations, product briefs, support website updates, etc.
- Work with contractors to support regular updates to the Alien website by creating compelling RFID marketing information.
- Help drive our social media outreach (thought existing resources).
- Assist in the product management of RFID IC’s, Inlay’s (a.k.a RFID tags), and reader level products (both fixed and handhelds).
- Competitive analysis
- Drive booth development for key events.
- Be able to dig for competitive data while providing intelligent analysis and value add to it.
- The spirit to succeed is essential.
- Able to work independently but not shy about recognizing your limitations and when to ask for help (and doing so quickly when needed).
- Must be a collaborative team player, working well with others at all levels of the company, and willing to do whatever needs to be done.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills. Be prepared to show examples.
- Be aggressive with goals, but do what you say and when you say you will do it.
- We want someone who is both a do-er and thinker. Think on your feet and provide intelligent analysis of what you observe.
- View failure as a learning experience (but never repeat the same failure!). Failures happen, so must be a fast learner, and always find a way to succeed in the end.
- Absolutely must enjoy what you are doing! We work hard but must enjoy what we do together! Together we succeed.
- BSEE/BSc with a technical background in semiconductor sectors
- Comfortable with interfacing overseas semiconductor vendors
- Able to identify bottlenecks in the IC development cycle and coordinate with multiple parties to resolve them
- Able to articulate IC/tag customer requirements in technical terms
- Very good written and verbal communicator. Must be concise yet accurate in all levels of communication.
- The ideal candidate will have RFID experience or at least a technical background that would enable them to pick up the technology quickly.
- A team player with enthusiasm to learn on the job.
- Strong desire and commitment to take product from concept to volume production.
- Should be intimate with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
Title: Product Engineering Operations Manager
The successful candidate will oversee the day-to-day activities for managing a product supply chain of a fabless semiconductor company through all phases of the product’s life cycle. This position reports to the VP of Operations. Some travel is required.
- Manage and oversee the various functions of a product supply chain including Planning, Shipping, Receiving, Inventory, and Order Fulfillment through all phases of the product’s life cycle.
- Work with other departments to manage and maintain New Product Introduction schedules, costs and deliverables.
- Identify and deploy materials and resource requirements to achieve timely production and shipment schedules and minimize costs.
- Maintain and update the Bills of Materials for the products that will be managed.
- Identify and qualify new suppliers; manage, monitor and develop existing suppliers.
- Establish business processes and drive continuous improvement to reduce cycle time, achieve cost reductions and improve workflow.
- Manage, oversee and resolve ongoing Product Quality monitoring and issues; initiate and drive Failure Analysis and problem resolutions; and implement process improvements where needed
- Oversee Corrective Action process and work with individuals inside and outside the company on timely completions
- Establish, measure and maintain KPIs for supply chain productivity, efficiency, and timeliness
- Establish, measure and maintain KPIs for New Product Introduction efficiency and timeliness
- Establish, measure and maintain KPIs for Product Quality monitoring and problem resolution
Candidate must be detail-oriented and have good work organization skills. Good written and verbal communication is required. Experience working in contract manufacturing in a manufacturing or operations capability is highly desirable. Experience with Design of Experiements (DOE), Formal Problem-Solving methodologies, and statistical data anaylsis are highly desirable. Experience working with semiconductor die attach processing or high-volume roll-to-roll manufacturing is highly desirable. Experience managing New Product Introduction schedules would be beneficial. Chinese or Korean language skills would be beneficial. Knowledge of purchasing, shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, and/or ERP/MRP would be beneficial. Knowledge of Chinese import / export regulations would be beneficial.
Education & Experience:
Candidate should have a Bachelors degree and 5 or more years of experience managing the supply chains of electronics and mechanical systems with or at a contract manufacturing or related company through all phases of a product’s life cycle. Familiarity with ISO 9001, RoHS, and REACH regulations is required.
Send your resume to:Alien Technology
Attention Human Resources
845 Embedded Way
San José CA 95138-1030
Fax: (408) 782-3908
(Please include job title and a cover letter with your submission)
BenefitsAlien Technology Corporation provides quality, attractive health care options to meet the unique needs of each employee and their family. Alien offers a customized employee benefits package that enables employees to design their own plan and choose benefits that best fit their needs and budget.
Alien pays the full premium for the following coverage: Basic Life, Basic AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Vision and Business Travel Insurance.
In addition to Dental and Vision coverage, Alien offers three medical plans, Blue Shield HMO and PPO and Kaiser. Alien and employees share the cost of employee and dependent coverage, including domestic partner coverage.
The following are paid fully by employees and enrollment is voluntary: 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts and Voluntary Life/AD&D, Cancer, Accident and Disability insurance.
Alien Technology assures equal treatment in the administration of all personnel matters including recruitment, selection, hiring, advancement, training and transfers, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans or any other protected class. Alien Technology also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees where appropriate and/or as required by law.