CareersAlien – RFID Innovator
Come and work for one of the industry’s most innovative companiesAn equal opportunity employer, Alien is seeking talented and energetic individuals who excel in their areas of expertise and who wish to contribute to the worldwide uptake of RFID technology.
Current PositionsPrincipal hardware RF architect RFID Sales and Business Development Representative NVM Engineer Administrative Assistant
Title: Principal hardware RF architect
The responsibilities would include RF and high speed architecture, board level design and layout for next generation UHF RFID Readers . We are looking for a candidate having strong and broad experience in the board level discrete design of RF communication systems. Past experience in successfully architecting and taking to production a complex RF communication system on hardware or an IC implementation is required. Knowledge of RFID standards is a positive. Knowledge of RF systems and key tradeoffs for implementing PA architecture and the receive chain blocks including LNA/Mixers/PLL’s is a positive. Good familiarity with at least one of the board design tools and ability to lead board layout engineers required.
Education & Experience:
- BS+ 10+ years/MS+ 8+ years/Ph.D +5 years of experience.
Title: RFID Sales and Business Development Representative
The Alien marketing and sales team is growing quickly, and members of this team are required to perform a range of activities to support the success of the business. The volume of requests and inquiries from customers, partners, the press, and others is very high, and the pace of activity is exciting and demanding. Timelines are tight and a strong commitment to the vision and a determination to overcome obstacles is critically important.
This position will report to the Vice President of Worldwide Sales. Location is anywhere in the western half of the US.
- Establish and grow relationships with key accounts. Develop overall solution proposals by working closely with these accounts to understand their business needs Introduce and coach the appropriate solution partners required to support the accounts RFID initiatives.
- Develop and manage a process for Customer Relationship Management, working collaboratively with the Sales team, the FAE team, our Ops and engineers, and our channel.
- Along with other members of the sales & marketing team, manage and prioritize sales and product inquiries coming in from the website and other channels.
- Provide monthly product and revenue forecast for you region.
- Develop, manage and distribute marketing and sales materials, including product literature, business cases and documentation of successful applications.
- Support product management with input on product strategy, positioning, and customer needs.
- Map and track the competitive landscape for chips, tags, readers, and RFID specifications.
- As a member of the RFID team, work on various projects that will likely encompass technical issues, marketing, sales, finance, legal, intellectual property, and program and business planning and budgeting.
- Minimum three years’ experience selling high tech products, e.g., electronics, networking, wireless technology, or software to Fortune 500 accounts.
- Knowledge of the retail supply chain, logistics, and/or anti-counterfeiting industries and processes desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships with Fortune 500 companies.
- Demonstrated ability to create successful sales and business development programs and messages for technology products.
- Capability to analyze emerging markets drawing on a broad set of sources and to develop conclusions and recommendations for strategy and tactics desirable.
- Knowledge and skills to develop and evaluate business cases around RFID product offerings desirable.
- Experience with and knowledge of RF engineering and applications desirable
- Very strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work full time at home or at Alien HQ in San Jose, and travel up to 50% of your time.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business related field. Master’s in Engineering or Business a strong plus.
Title: NVM Engineer
- Designing and debugging custom circuit for non-volatile memory
- Exploring and analyzing the feasibility of variety of approaches at the circuit and architectural level in memory cells, arrays, charge pump, high voltage switches, and power supply
- Designing NVM circuit and layout
- Performing mixed-signal simulations
- Post-silicon validation and debugging
- Working closely with device, process, and test engineers to solve engineering and production issues
- At least 5 years’ experience in NVM design, including array core, sense amp, and other supporting circuit
- Strong working knowledge of Cadence design tools
- Working knowledge with lab equipment and different measurement techniques
- Ability to do layout of circuit, and able to direct layout designers if available
Title: Administrative Assistant
Alien Technology is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant and Receptionist. The ideal candidate must be able to multitask, answer multiple phone lines, portray a professional and personable demeanor and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Requires specialized administrative support experience, arithmetic skills, the ability to use automated office equipment, comprehend difficult instructions and maintain written and computerized records. Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties. Works with employees at all organizational levels to gather information or manage issues. Assignments may be found in various functional areas.
- Operate multi-line telephone system to answer phones for company
- Management of walk-in traffic including visitor log and badge tracking
- Administrative support to CEO and other executives as needed to include managing expense reports, travel, other
- Assist shipping: sign for packages coordinate couriers.
- Appropriately route and distribute all incoming mail
- Operates and makes appropriate use of paging system
- Central contact for ordering of office supplies, kitchen supplies, etc.
- Performs related clerical work – word processing, copying, faxing, mail sorting and routing
- Assist or maintain meeting calendar and booking of designated conference rooms.
- Maintenance of computerized and manual filing
- Organizing meetings with large groups both internal and external (to include meeting location selection, materials, food etc.)
- Organizing Voice enabling/Video conference calls and call in procedures
- Assist in planning and organizing special Company events (i.e.: Picnic, Holiday Party)
- Event Support to Alien Events Team. Ordering/shipping supplies. Creating materials. Making packets. Anything needed.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Flexibility in approach to work and customer
- Maintain steady punctuality and attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Multilingual with English and Mandarin is mandatory.
- Organized, creative, and great attention to detail required.
- Enjoys environment where no two days are the same!
- Must portray a professional and personable demeanor
Education & Experience:
- High School graduate, college degree preferred
- At least 2 years of receptionist/administrative assistant experience
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient utilizing MS Office, especially Microsoft Outlook
Send your resume to:Alien Technology
Attention Human Resources
845 Embedded Way
San José CA 95138-1030
Fax: (408) 782-3908
(Please include job title and a cover letter with your submission)
BenefitsAlien Technology Corporation provides quality, attractive health care options to meet the unique needs of each employee and their family. Alien offers a customized employee benefits package that enables employees to design their own plan and choose benefits that best fit their needs and budget.
Alien pays the full premium for the following coverage: Basic Life, Basic AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Vision and Business Travel Insurance.
In addition to Dental and Vision coverage, Alien offers three medical plans, Blue Shield HMO and PPO and Kaiser. Alien and employees share the cost of employee and dependent coverage, including domestic partner coverage.
The following are paid fully by employees and enrollment is voluntary: 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts and Voluntary Life/AD&D, Cancer, Accident and Disability insurance.
Alien Technology assures equal treatment in the administration of all personnel matters including recruitment, selection, hiring, advancement, training and transfers, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, age, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans or any other protected class. Alien Technology also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees where appropriate and/or as required by law.